Windower: Can I register moving my character as an event with autoexec to decide which idle set I use in a spellcast xml? - Windower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I register moving my character as an event with autoexec to decide which idle set I use in a spellcast xml?

#1 User is offline   The Curious Orange 

• Padawan
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Can I register moving my character as an event with autoexec to decide which idle set I use in a spellcast xml?
if so, please tell me how I would go about it.

I'd like to be able to wear nares trews when I'm not moving, and blood cuisses when I am moving on rdm by way of an example.

I did try using google, and searching through the forum search function, but no luck so far.

Thanks for your time^^

(also if this function isn't available, perhaps as a future update?)

#2 User is offline   Tokisusu 

• Group: New Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I don't think there's a rule for that. I know it's not what you wanted, but here's how I accomplish it:

In my spellcast files, I usually set up a few idle sets for normal (aka movement speed), refresh and -damage taken.

First, I set up a variable called IdleType with a default value of "IdleNormal".

Next, I set up 4 gearsets with the following names (you can figure out what goes in each):

Idle (no gear listed, but the base set is set to the variable $IdleType)
IdleNormal (movement gear, normal stuff, etc.)
IdleRefresh (refresh gear, base set = IdleNormal)
IdleDamage (-DT gear, IdleNormal is base set)

Once you have your gearsets and spellcast file ready, now you can just type "/sc var set IdleType [name of IdleSet you want]" to switch your idle set based on what you're doing. You can also just type "/sc reload" to just go back to normal/default as well.

If you want to take it a step further, set up some aliases (or macros if that's your preference) to set a hotkey combination to switch between your gear sets.

Ctrl + i = "/sc set IdleNormal"
Ctrl + Shift + i = "/sc set IdleRefresh"

I have two hotkeys to switch to two diff melee gear sets in case.

Ctrl + m is for my normal TP gear
Ctrl + n is for my -DT gear with my twilight mail/helm when I know I'm gonna get KO'd soon.

Hope this helps.

#3 User is offline   The Curious Orange 

• Padawan
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I already have something similar set up for this, although keybinds are set to what I'm comfortable with.
appreciate the contribution though thankyou

#4 User is offline   Alteubent 

• Padawan
  • PipPip
  • Interests:XML, VB.NET, HTML, XHTML
  • Name: Alteubent
  • Server: Bahamut
  • Race: Elvaan Male
  • Linkshell: SeekersOfSecrets

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

You should be able to do this with LUA. Its almost written already in the LUA guide by Arcon

If you make the target yourself and use the get_mob_by_id(id) to obtain your position, for obtaining current time use the get_ffxi_info(), add some math to compare your current pos vs the old and the old time vs new based on what you want to accomplish. Then have it update a variable in AE or spellcast.

There is another event that may be usable for time comparison: event_time_change(old, new). Or if your Idle compare your target changing to determine your Idle set with event_target_change(targ_id).

If I get time to experiment I will post it. I kinda posted it hoping someone more experienced would finish it for us >.>

I agree with you on how useful it would be to have that kind of functionality. That would be a fantastic add on.

#5 User is offline   Alteubent 

• Padawan
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

It looks like there isn't currently an ID made available through LUA that gives your current position that I could find.

If anyone knows, Is there a reason that the ID for our own position hasn't been made available?

#6 User is offline   Sanriku 

• PipPipPip
  • Name: Sanriku
  • Server: Quetzalcoatl
  • Race: Mithra
  • Linkshell: Hokori

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Whats strange is that I thought the same thing... try this out: while on auto-run type: //sc s %status. you will get an error that there is no gearset for status "movement". so it can detect it somehow and parses for it, but how to trigger the 2 actions is where I'm lost.

#7 User is offline   Alteubent 

• Padawan
  • PipPip

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

It exists I'm sure. Infobar displays your position at all times. I tried what you mentioned and couldn't get it to display. But for you to get that to work you need to create a set called movement and put your movement gear in it. I have seen before that //sc s would be the equivalent of //sc set %status to equip a set for you. Good find Ill try that out shortly. If you get anything let me know.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users