• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windower 4 Open Beta

#281 User is offline   blueeon 

• Group: New Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

I am still having an issue downloading Luacore when I first start Windower 4.

It always hangs at the same spot and no amount of configuring the router or firewalls or anything have fixed, whereas a few weeks ago, it updated fine. Now, certain plugins either won't load or won't work correctly. Is there something I can do to fix this? Thank you.

#282 User is offline   Cptbirdseye 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hmm, this version seems to be very unfriendly to multi-client users. It's only allowing the settings to work with one client and not the other. On top of that I can't create individual ini files to load specific addons for each client. With XI-Util only half working for months, this version only being suited to single box players, and the constant annoying crashes with no error log each time I switch character or locking up on the TOS agreement window I'm really losing hope and patience.

This post has been edited by Cptbirdseye: 06 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Using Windows 7 64 bit version, English UK localization.
Steam version of Ultimate Collection Seekers edition, patched with EU files because the Steam version is US.

#283 User is offline   Iryoku 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: +Plugin Developers
  • Name: Iryoku
  • Server: Quetzalcoatl
  • Jobs: PLD99 MNK99 SMN99
  • Race: Elvaan Male

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostCptbirdseye, on 06 June 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Hmm, this version seems to be very unfriendly to multi-client users. It's only allowing the settings to work with one client and not the other. On top of that I can't create individual ini files to load specific addons for each client. With XI-Util only half working for months, this version only being suited to single box players, and the constant annoying crashes with no error log each time I switch character or locking up on the TOS agreement window I'm really losing hope and patience.

You can create as many profiles as you want (just click the + icon at the bottom of the window), they are all stored in a single settings.xml file. Per-profile Plugin and Addon auto-load settings are planned, but for now you can use an Addon called plugin_manager to configure per-character auto-load settings instead. We also have a Sandbox plugin you can use instead of XI-Util. The deadlock when logging in is caused by Infobar, disable it and you shouldn't have any issues.

#284 User is offline   Lowell 

• Name: lllen
  • Server: Cerberus
  • Jobs: Nin, Thf, Bst,Rdm, Blm, Blu etc...
  • Race: Hume Female

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

It appears that my Infobar and Attainment start disappearing, left to right. At one point all I had showing was the lights in Abyssea, everything to the left of it was gone. The lights were in the correct location in the line, the text prior just disappears. The infobar does the same thing it will start showing "euno" in stead of "jeuno" , then it will slowly disappear across.

#285 User is offline   Cptbirdseye 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sounds like what I'm experiencing Lowell. I disabled all addons and plugins but still it's like there's an invisible block hiding some of the Windower UI.
Steam version of Ultimate Collection Seekers edition, patched with EU files because the Steam version is US.

#286 User is offline   Cptbirdseye 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

This popped up in the console:

luacore encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Access violation in IncomingChunk method.
luacore - Plugin successfully unloaded.

This post has been edited by Cptbirdseye: 09 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

#287 User is offline   Wickedpriest 

• PipPipPip
  • Name: Jackx
  • Server: Phoenix
  • Race: Hume Male

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Posted Image

Im not sure why I'm getting this error today. any help plz ty))

This post has been edited by Wickedpriest: 19 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

WIN XP PRO 64BIT

#288 User is offline   Predator 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

once, in cap 75, there was a plugin for BRDs, which was showing how long will every song that you've cast last.
it was VERY handy for buffing separate melee and mages.
unfortunatly i don't remember it's name.
it there a similar plugin available for W4?

#289 User is offline   Krellion 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Name: Krellion
  • Server: Odin
  • Jobs: WHM, BLM
  • Race: Tarutaru Male

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostPredator, on 26 June 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

once, in cap 75, there was a plugin for BRDs, which was showing how long will every song that you've cast last.
it was VERY handy for buffing separate melee and mages.
unfortunatly i don't remember it's name.
it there a similar plugin available for W4?

The Timers plugin for v4 may do that, but I've not tried it with BRD. I know it'll track normal buff spells (Regen/Protect/etc).
My plugins:
- ZoneTimer
- StatusTimer
My programs:
- FFXIrecast (functional replacement for ZeroCast)
- FFXI Treasure Pool
Future plugins/programs:
- Vana'diel time display (from Multi-Timer)
- Treasure pool monitor
- User timers (from Multi-Timer)
- BoostCount (see old program)
- LogExpander (to make chewzer happy)

#290 User is offline   roviansan 

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hi,

I have an issue with Windower that I have no idea on how to fix, It's with "Targeting", when I target something they used to flash so that I know what I'm targeting, but now they do not flash whatsoever, this is a really an important feature for me and helps me a lot, how do I activate it again? simple feature like this makes me don't want to use Windower. :(

Thanks.

#291 User is offline   schliematt 

• Padawan
  • PipPip
  • Name: Trumpy
  • Server: Shiva
  • Race: Mithra

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

If u hit F11 it changes how lighting works (im not sure how) but i have been liking it with the brighter version lately, unfrotunately it makes it almost impossible to see the flash of a targetted target. try hittin F11 and see if it fixes it.

#292 User is offline   roviansan 

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postschliematt, on 02 July 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

If u hit F11 it changes how lighting works (im not sure how) but i have been liking it with the brighter version lately, unfrotunately it makes it almost impossible to see the flash of a targetted target. try hittin F11 and see if it fixes it.

That fixed it, THANKS!!

#293 User is offline   roviansan 

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Although, I have to keep doing it every time I log into the game, which is annoying.. :(

I hope that dev would consider making it optional from the Windower settings on his next release.

#294 User is offline   Krellion 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Name: Krellion
  • Server: Odin
  • Jobs: WHM, BLM
  • Race: Tarutaru Male

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postroviansan, on 04 July 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Although, I have to keep doing it every time I log into the game, which is annoying.. :(

I hope that dev would consider making it optional from the Windower settings on his next release.

You can fix it yourself. Under Windower 4's scripts folder, edit the init.txt file. Under the "//Set game variables" section, change the "1" after "game_forceambientlight" to "0".

If you look below it where the "bind keys" section is, you'll see the bind line for F11 that does the toggling of the setting. You can put a double-backslash at the beginning of that line to disable the binding so you don't hit it by accident and turn the setting back on if you want as well.
My plugins:
- ZoneTimer
- StatusTimer
My programs:
- FFXIrecast (functional replacement for ZeroCast)
- FFXI Treasure Pool
Future plugins/programs:
- Vana'diel time display (from Multi-Timer)
- Treasure pool monitor
- User timers (from Multi-Timer)
- BoostCount (see old program)
- LogExpander (to make chewzer happy)

#295 User is offline   roviansan 

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostKrellion, on 04 July 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

You can fix it yourself. Under Windower 4's scripts folder, edit the init.txt file. Under the "//Set game variables" section, change the "1" after "game_forceambientlight" to "0".

If you look below it where the "bind keys" section is, you'll see the bind line for F11 that does the toggling of the setting. You can put a double-backslash at the beginning of that line to disable the binding so you don't hit it by accident and turn the setting back on if you want as well.

That fixed it entirely, thanks a lot! :)

#296 User is offline   zandterman 

• Server: Bahamut

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

As of the latest test server update, windower4 now crashes during the loading process on the test client.

Apparently, start up runs as normal until it hits init.txt. Last item visible prior to lockup and crash is message regarding keyboard_allowmmf. Next items in init.txt have to do with console_ commands and game_ commands. I don't have any way of confirming the console settings are actually hitting, but I'd suspect it'd be more likely that a game_ command would cause the lockup.

I know its not the live server, but if the test client is causing a lockup for some reason, it may get pushed live in August.

#297 User is offline   talis 

• Name: talis
  • Server: Ragnarok
  • Jobs: Many
  • Race: Mithra
  • Linkshell: DingSeventyFour

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not. Just wondering what the status is of the network aware RPC. I've been wanting to switch over to windower 4, but 2 box with each character on a separate PC. Right now I'm using a port of the old RCM project I did a number of years ago that includes socket support. I'm debating porting this over to the new windowerhelper.dll, or just waiting for send to work across the network. I haven't been able to find a lot of info on the new windowerhelper API, but I assume its fairly similar to the old one. Any other options or suggestions to get 2 boxing working across the network would be appreciated as well (I've done a tiny bit of digging into the LUA sockets library, which may be an option as well, provided the LUA API can process/filter inbound text streams).

#298 User is offline   fred 

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

hi guys idk if this is windower problem or not but... i run windower on 2 pcs, 1 pc has 1 account other pc has 2 accounts, only 1 of my accounts chat filers work although they all have the same filters om... any ideas?

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users