• Trainee
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Name: Valintino
  • Server: Quetzalcoatl
  • Jobs: RDM-COR-MNK 75
  • Race: Hume Male

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Make a new thread in support and I'll try and help you, you're too new to receive PMs

View PostAlmightyGERM, on 20 March 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hello,

I've been reading post after post and reply after reply trying to figure out a resolution to my problem..

So here is the situation... I'm running windows XP pro (32 bit) (on this comp) and I had the issue where I would load the windower and I got a pol crash message popped up when the it went from pol to ffxi window change (usually where the windower takes over from pol or however it works). Normally I would leave the message up and just move it off screen whatever and play.. when I was done I just clicked the "don't send" response and it would just crash everything out.. fine and dandy whatever..
Been doing this for about a week now and no issues..
Today on the other hand something odd happens, I load it up play for 3 hours as usual and then I either accidentally clicked something on that error message or idk what really happen honestly but crashed windower and my error message disappeared too.. Nothing in task manager .. whatever .. rebooted it and when I reboot it same thing happens I get the pol conflict message when windows switch but now I am seeing in the console (red text about the time the crystal cinematic plays) I get the following

Console key: \ (thats intentional there)
enabling mmf input from keyboard
Plugin: TParty (author info)
Plugin: TimeStamp (author info)
Plugin: SSorganizer (author info)
Resources: Failed to read area <------- This wasn't saying this earlier it was giving me resources loaded or something along that with another white txt line after it..
Plugin: Silence
Plugin Recast
ect ect...

Now when I go to log out or shut down I no longer see my timer counting down from 30.. I don't know what happen
as I stated this worked for the most part earlier no problem...

I tried updating plug ins.. I don't see windower in my add/remove programs (IDK if it usually goes in there or not)
I've deleted and reinstalled it.. nothing is working..

Any help I would appreciate it or if you can reference me to another thread that I can check into that may resolve this issue I'd appreciate it.. Thank you..

#42 User is offline   AlmightyGERM 

• Group: New Members
  • Name: GERM
  • Server: Cerberus
  • Race: Elvaan Male

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostValintino, on 20 March 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Make a new thread in support and I'll try and help you, you're too new to receive PMs

It wouldn't let me start a new topic in "windower support" (Cannot start a new topic) that's why I ended up posting here I just tried again.. I read somewhere I need 5 posts (spam purposes) to be able to have access to posting in certain areas

#43 User is offline   rgarrido 

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hello Im new here and im having problems with the resolution

when I cast something windower tells you in how long you can use it but in my screen it shows so little that I cant read it and I need it to go up more or it gets on the way if I cast a lot on my blm

also the tp from other ppl is all over the place

can any1 help me ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Iryoku 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: +Plugin Developers
  • Name: Iryoku
  • Jobs: PLD99 MNK99 SMN99

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

This is a limitation of Windower 3.4. This problem has been addressed in 4.0, and will not be backported to 3.4, as it requires changes to both launcher and the plugin API. You can try installing the Windower 4.0 beta if you wish.

#45 User is offline   biggvek 

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hey, for some reason my whole computer shut off one day, and had to do this system config thing to repair itself, im not blaming the windower for making this happen at all, but the windower is the only thing that doesnt work now. when i click on the launcher app it pulls up this thing titled "Fatal Error" and it says "Invalid registry entry, your registry must be corrupt" i tried to reload the windower but the same thing happens. how do i fix this? Now you may or may not have a thread for this already my problem is i have some minor dyslexia, yea its minor but it still makes it a b**** to read. game is easy cause it is color coded. point is please help, and thank you :)

#46 User is offline   Iryoku 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: +Plugin Developers
  • Name: Iryoku
  • Jobs: PLD99 MNK99 SMN99

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

That error essentially means that there's a problem with your PlayOnline or Final Fantasy XI installation. Try re-installing PlayOnline and Final Fantasy XI.

#47 User is offline   Koof 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hello, I'm new here and can't seem to find the right forum topic to post on so I'll post here. Sorry if it's out of place.

I recently downloaded Windower 4, everything seems to be in the right place and I can open the program fine. Once I hit launch the program seems to run fine and says "Loading Playonline" but once progress any further.

Just sits on that screen for hours. I have had Windower 3.4 and that was run perfectly fine the whole time I was using that. So I'm not sure as to why Windoder 4 won't load POL. I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue either. So if anyone can help, Please and thank you!!

View PostKoof, on 28 March 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Hello, I'm new here and can't seem to find the right forum topic to post on so I'll post here. Sorry if it's out of place.

I recently downloaded Windower 4, everything seems to be in the right place and I can open the program fine. Once I hit launch the program seems to run fine and says "Loading Playonline" but won't progress any further.

Just sits on that screen for hours. I have had Windower 3.4 and that was run perfectly fine the whole time I was using that. So I'm not sure as to why Windoder 4 won't load POL. I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue either. So if anyone can help, Please and thank you!!

#48 User is offline   platinumdubs 

• Name: Falei
  • Server: Asura
  • Jobs: NIN/THF/MNK/BLM/BST
  • Linkshell: Nerf

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Im new to the forum would just like to say 4.0 is awesome looks and runs smooth I really have no issues as far as itself is concerned my problem comes from the xml files when I try to edit for example I wanted to reposition the the timer box to be higher on my screen so it doesn't cover up my JA list when I have it open ive edited many settings in xml files on the old windower but this one when I click save it tells me to please check to make sure the file isn't open by another program it tells me this even after a complete system shut down and restart and only opening notepad ++ that I use for editing. Just curious if anyone has this problem and has a fix. thx in advance

#49 User is offline   platinumdubs 

• Name: Falei
  • Server: Asura
  • Jobs: NIN/THF/MNK/BLM/BST
  • Linkshell: Nerf

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postplatinumdubs, on 28 March 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Im new to the forum would just like to say 4.0 is awesome looks and runs smooth I really have no issues as far as itself is concerned my problem comes from the xml files when I try to edit for example I wanted to reposition the the timer box to be higher on my screen so it doesn't cover up my JA list when I have it open ive edited many settings in xml files on the old windower but this one when I click save it tells me to please check to make sure the file isn't open by another program it tells me this even after a complete system shut down and restart and only opening notepad ++ that I use for editing. Just curious if anyone has this problem and has a fix. thx in advance

Bump this figured it out for some reason my permissions have changed had to give myself full control of the files before I could edit any of them just in case anyone else has this problem... Right-click>properties>security tab> edit button to change permissions click on users name make sure it has full control.

#50 User is offline   Dantix 

• Name: Dantix
  • Server: Odin
  • Jobs: WHM/BST/SAM
  • Linkshell: EternalAkira

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sorry for adding to the "I'm new and can't post new topics" posts, but I've a question as well.

I'm running Windows 8 and using the latest version of Windower. Everything works flawlessly, no complaints at all.

However, with the IME plugin, I'm unable to switch the "off" selection while typing to "on." I know Windows 8 has it's own way of switching between input languages: pressing windows key + space allows me to quickly switch to Japanese in the system. I can't seem to create my own shortcut for doing this, and if I understand correctly, this is what I need to do to solve my issue. I've tried every fix I've found on the internet, but there really isn't any tips on how to do this on Windows 8 yet. I've tried searching the forums and haven't found anything either.

Do I need to basically turn my computer into a JP computer via some extra settings in Control Panel? And even if I do that, is this still going to solve the issue of not switching "off" to "on" in FFXI dialog box? Or do I just need to wait for an updated IME plugin to come out?

Thanks for helping out if possible!

#51 User is offline   Dantix 

• Name: Dantix
  • Server: Odin
  • Jobs: WHM/BST/SAM
  • Linkshell: EternalAkira

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Oh, never mind. Figured it out :D ありがとう~

#52 User is offline   TaruBot 

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hi there since i cant make a new Topic here anywhere need to post here....................

I was trying to use a /console exec command over 3rdPartyProgramm. But that dont work :(

/ma ...... works
//load what ever works
/equip .... works

but /console exec .......txt

Using Windower4 and Win7

Please help if anyone know why this dont work XD

#53 User is offline   zaksame 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

Why can't we post topic,how are we suppose to ask questions?

Anyhow,my problem is one i have not seen anyone else mention.

When i logout to switch players,the game always 100% the time switches to a totally different account.

Any ideas why or how to stop that??

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users