• Core Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: +Windower Developers
  • Server: Unicorn
  • Jobs: SMN/WHM/COR
  • Race: Hume Male

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

A few things to note before you post here for help:

1) We can only help you if you're running Windower 3.431 or Windower 4 Beta.
2) Are you running as admin? No? Right click and "Run as administrator"
3) Make sure windower is NOT in your POL folder, and NOT in your Windows/System32 (no idea why someone installed there...) or someplace weird.
4) Are your video card drivers up to date? Go download them...
5) Can you login WITHOUT windower? If not, then it's a problem elsewhere...

If you are ok with all of the above, go ahead and post or come into IRC and we'll try and help you out!

PLEASE NOTE: We do not support any version of Windower other than 3.431, including v4 alpha at this time.
Real hackers object that being able to break security doesn't make you a hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive engineer.
3.431 - Hook Only - Installer

#2 User is offline   dartcron 

• Trainee
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

How to i find out which version of windower I am running?

#3 User is offline   Krellion 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: +Plugin Developers
  • Name: Krellion
  • Server: Odin
  • Jobs: WHM, BLM
  • Race: Tarutaru Male

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Depending on how many plugins are loading at Windower's start, you may see the version line that is shown in the console output.

Another method is to check the version of the Hook.dll file itself:
  • Go to your Windower folder
  • Right-click on the Hook.dll file (may not show the .dll extension) and select Properties
  • Click on the Details tab at the top
  • Look for the "File version" or "Product version" lines (latest should show "3.4.3.1" or "3, 4, 3, 1" respectively)
  • Click the Cancel button at the bottom to close the dialog

My plugins:
- ZoneTimer
- StatusTimer
My programs:
- FFXIrecast (functional replacement for ZeroCast)
- FFXI Treasure Pool
Future plugins/programs:
- Vana'diel time display (from Multi-Timer)
- Treasure pool monitor
- User timers (from Multi-Timer)
- BoostCount (see old program)
- LogExpander (to make chewzer happy)

#4 User is offline   theman1174 

• Group: New Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

It wont let me post a topic so ill ask here

1. Has anyone here or anyone you know of been banned for windowing? If so how many?

2. Is there a way to run windower to be 100% safe from being banned, or a better question
is there certain things i can choose to run and not run to only help me if im playing, and will prevent me from ever being caught using windower, EVER?

Thanks in advance

#5 User is offline   sdahlka 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View Posttheman1174, on 23 November 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

It wont let me post a topic so ill ask here

1. Has anyone here or anyone you know of been banned for windowing? If so how many?

2. Is there a way to run windower to be 100% safe from being banned, or a better question
is there certain things i can choose to run and not run to only help me if im playing, and will prevent me from ever being caught using windower, EVER?

Thanks in advance

1. people say thay have but i dont believe it

2. if your worried about getting banned then just use the ffxi client

if someone helps you be kind and post back to let them know if it worked

#6 User is offline   Reefergod 

• Trainee
  • Pip
  • Name: Reefergod
  • Server: Carbuncle
  • Jobs: 90PUP 90SAM
  • Linkshell: BlueCarbies

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm sorry to post this here, but it won't let me actually create a new topic.

Recast will crash Windower after the December 12, 2012 update. I just thought someone should know. After removing Recast from my loaded plugins, Windower works flawlessly.

#7 User is offline   jherc24 

• Name: Mizwiz
  • Server: Bahamut
  • Jobs: 99 SAM NIN MNK WAR WHM BLM
  • Race: Hume Female

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hello, I am new here. I was having crashing problems when I got to the user agreement part and after removing spellcast and updating recast I could log in. Now when I try to talk to a NPC windower crashes. I have tried this several times and it always crashes. Can anyone help me?

#8 User is offline   marischka 

• Server: Sylph

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

You need to go into your init file and put a '//' before 'load plasticsurgeon'.

#9 User is offline   shadowydk 

• Name: sheeraa
  • Server: Ragnarok
  • Jobs: all
  • Race: Mithra
  • Linkshell: DoYouGiveAFK

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

hi there i need some help the latest ffxi update has made windower not work on my computer and my mums, i am running windows xp and my mum is running windows 7,
we have both logged in on steam and can play via that but ever time we go to play via windower it wont get past the log in stage before is crashes or has an error ( stopped working) is there a patch tht i can download to get in working again and i we are running, windower 3.4.3.1 any sergestions please?
thank you .......... =]

#10 User is offline   Raiden 

• Server: Leviathan

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I cant create comments on files, why is that?

Ex: http://forums.window...32-statustimer/
War.. War never changes

#11 User is offline   Iryoku 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Name: Iryoku
  • Server: Quetzalcoatl
  • Jobs: PLD99 MNK99 SMN99
  • Race: Elvaan Male

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostRaiden, on 15 December 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

I cant create comments on files, why is that?

This site attracts a huge number of spam bots, so a minimum post count requirement has been set for most areas of the forums.

#12 User is offline   Raiden 

• Server: Leviathan

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostIryoku, on 15 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

This site attracts a huge number of spam bots, so a minimum post count requirement has been set for most areas of the forums.

How much spam thoughtful posts (ikr??), do I need to spam before I can ask dev-related questions like github, mysql database dumps/extractions, api repository, etc.. ?

By the way, this is totally a non-spam post.
War.. War never changes

#13 User is offline   Iryoku 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

You need 5 posts to start a new topic, or comment on files. I realize the situation is not ideal, and hopefully in the future the restrictions can be lifted. In any case, you can ask dev-related questions, but that doesn't mean you'll get an answer, or at least not one you want to hear. I don't want to be an ass, but Windower and its plugins are closed source.

#14 User is offline   Kaonis 

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi there, I'm having some issues with running windower and I'm not sure what the issue might be exactly. Initially it was working fine except for opening up POL as well as windower annoying but survivable, and as well as when right before I could select my characters to login, as the plugins are loading up the game would crash. Since then I've changed my init file a little, only removing the // from silence and timestamp, and now the second windower version of POL will pop up but then close itself down.

#15 User is offline   zbrown 

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

hi. my windower is crashing everytime i try to log in always happens when the blue bar is almost done loading the first time you log into your ff x1 acount, before the character load

#16 User is offline   Embla 

• Name: Embla
  • Server: Titan
  • Jobs: BLU, DNC, WAR
  • Race: Elvaan Female

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postzbrown, on 19 December 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

hi. my windower is crashing everytime i try to log in always happens when the blue bar is almost done loading the first time you log into your ff x1 acount, before the character load

Check the updated plugins thread, see if you're using any of them, like Recast. You need the updated driver files or FFXI will continue to crash.

This post has been edited by Embla: 19 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

#17 User is offline   texas3rd254 

• Name: Lahadine
  • Jobs: Ninja
  • Linkshell: Infinitycrisis

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Ok I have posted in another spot under support and have not got a response so I am posting here. I am running new version of windower as I have uninstalled and reinstalled many time. I am not having an issue running POL. Just trying to open windower it gets to loading it where it says choose character and crashes says trying to find solution. Ok so anyways I have done everything I have tried in compatibility mode I have tried disabling UAC i have done in administrator I have done everything I even downloaded all plug ins seperate and even disabled in the init file. Nothing works. I t was working great before update now it wont work for nothign and tried everything possible so I dont know what to do now. Please help me out. I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit x86 or w/e it is but like I said it was working fine before update. Game aint the same without it so I aint even logging in till I figure out how to fix this. Please help me out. Oh now it is saying when it loads everything under resources: trouble reading areas. I have a very high dollar system and shouldnt matter as like I said it was working fine.

#18 User is offline   texas3rd254 

• Name: Lahadine
  • Jobs: Ninja
  • Linkshell: Infinitycrisis

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

having same issue but mine aint the plug in I have installed all new updates, says trouble reading areas now nothing seems to work

View PostEmbla, on 19 December 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Check the updated plugins thread, see if you're using any of them, like Recast. You need the updated driver files or FFXI will continue to crash.

no need to reply i figured it out, Got to be running windowed mode in FFXI config. I dont know bout rest I had all graphics set to high, I set everything to default and reran it and now its running fine just got to get resolution in windower mode working right. had this issue before i figured it out after tweaking it for awhile so ill get it sooner or later. But yeah if anyone having same issue just set everything to default and run ffxi in windowed mode update all plug ins and rerun now one thing it didnt fix is its saying still having trouble reading areas.

View Posttexas3rd254, on 24 December 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

Ok I have posted in another spot under support and have not got a response so I am posting here. I am running new version of windower as I have uninstalled and reinstalled many time. I am not having an issue running POL. Just trying to open windower it gets to loading it where it says choose character and crashes says trying to find solution. Ok so anyways I have done everything I have tried in compatibility mode I have tried disabling UAC i have done in administrator I have done everything I even downloaded all plug ins seperate and even disabled in the init file. Nothing works. I t was working great before update now it wont work for nothign and tried everything possible so I dont know what to do now. Please help me out. I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit x86 or w/e it is but like I said it was working fine before update. Game aint the same without it so I aint even logging in till I figure out how to fix this. Please help me out. Oh now it is saying when it loads everything under resources: trouble reading areas. I have a very high dollar system and shouldnt matter as like I said it was working fine.

#19 User is offline   Tidus 

• Name: Bratac
  • Server: Siren
  • Jobs: NIN,BLM,SAM

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

excuse me people.

I need support help here.

I have been away from the game for 3-4 months now, when I log in everything seems okey. but when I hit PLAY its starts normaly, but after 5sec into the game it stops and windower stops working.
I have updated my graphic cards and stuff, I have reinstalled the windower, dont know what to do anymore.

can anyone help me? whats wrong? if anycan help we can use TeamViewer if u like.

#20 User is offline   Iryoku 

• Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Most likely, you need to update your plugins.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users